Introduce Yourself

General Discussions Regarding L. Spiro Engine

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby genuine » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:16 am

Hey Spiro and forum friends,
An old friend and supporter of Spiro's old work and just wanted to say whats up and a congrats on the Engine, its coming quite well I can see. I'm finally out of the military and out of Okinawa so I'm getting back into the swing of things, do hopefully you'll be seeing more of me, cause I know you missed me :)

regards,
gen
genuine
I Have a Question

Postby L. Spiro » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:00 am

All those years in Japan and we never met up.
Welcome aboard.

L. Spiro
It is amazing how often people try to be unique, and yet they are always trying to make others be like them.
- L. Spiro 2011
L. Spiro
Site Admin

Postby Xaer0 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:45 am

Hey

Im Julian and from the USA.
I first found one of your blog post's from a post on Gamedev about targeting multiple platforms. It was incredibly helpful in adding OpenGL support to my previously DX9 only engine!
Im currently studying Visual & Game Programming at the Art Institute of San Diego and am looking forward to reading more of your blogs and seeing how your engine progresses
Xaer0
I Have a Question

Postby L. Spiro » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:15 am

Welcome to the site and glad it could be useful.

L. Spiro
It is amazing how often people try to be unique, and yet they are always trying to make others be like them.
- L. Spiro 2011
L. Spiro
Site Admin

Postby Dunge » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:58 pm

Hello L. Spiro,

I'm a 27yo French-Canadian guy from Quebec.
I was working on an C++ DirectX10-based game engine by myself four years ago. It had an entity system, a simple level editor, PhysX integration, point lights with variance shadow mapping, fixed timestep, 3d sounds, input mapping, and many small features. It was going well, but unfortunately at some point I decided to stop it because I knew I would never reach a point to get a commercial-success game running on it by working all by myself. I now work for a private enterprise doing C++ programs running on embedded computers placed on the roadside for traveling safety (I know, that's a big change coming from video games).

I stumbled upon many of your posts on gamedev over the years and every time I'm impressed by your professionalism and clarity of the answers you give. You seems very intelligent and dedicated. It is also rare these years to find someone trying to create a high-end AAA-quality engine using all the latest technologies by themselves. I came to your site because I was curious to see what your engine currently look like, but I'm saddened to find out you don't seems to have public releases.

I got to admit that your profile picture is what brought me to the forum :). I'm not sure if it's really you or if it's your wife/daughter. Without wanting to sound like a sexist jerk, I'm surprised that such a good-looking girl is working this deep on the technical level of video games programming. You don't see that every day, at least not around here. Keep giving the example for others!
Dunge
I Have a Question

Postby stoagz » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:49 am

Hey all;

I come from memoryhacking.com and am not a big poster;
I enjoy your updates and wish you good luck with your engine;
Your knowledge and programs have helped me many times.
stoagz
I Have a Question

Postby belfegor » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:32 am

Hello L. Spiro

My name is Borko and i am hobby c++ programmer. I like to play games and also trying to make my own.
belfegor
I Have a Question

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:52 am

Welcome everyone.

L. Spiro
- L. Spiro 2011
L. Spiro
Site Admin

Postby krinosx » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:24 pm

Hi guys,

my name is Giuliano Bortolassi and I am a software developer ( not in game industry... ).

I am curious about game development and I am trying to learn it by myself for years.

I got to L. Spiro by gamedev.net site, and I start following his posts and work... I am becoming a great fan of this guy.

So, I am here trying to learn something from its engine and blog posts!
krinosx
I Have a Question

Postby L. Spiro » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:33 am

Welcome.

Although the site is mostly dormant now, exciting posts and content are on their way.

L. Spiro
- L. Spiro 2011
L. Spiro
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Related